How to get a licence for
Web video report

Licence managed by :


SACEM repertoire includes the world’s broadest selection of music.

  • The works you use were created by authors and composers and are protected by law.
  • The reproduction of a works requires prior consent of its authors.
  • This licence is granted by SDRM.
  • With this single form, you pay royalties which are then distributed among the creators and publishers, to remunerate their work. Paying royalties entitles you to use these works in full respect of copyright/authors’ rights.
  • SDRM may grant no licence without the publishers’ consent.


For an Internet site with yearly income** under €300,000 (exc VAT)*:

Cost per video including music with a
maximum duration of 5 minutes
For every additional
minute of music***

From 100 videos, you benefit from a yearly flat fee (payable once):

  • Yearly flat fee of €4,500 for 100 videos
  • Yearly flat fee of €7,000 for 200 videos
  • Yearly flat fee of €1,000 for every additional 100 videos (beyond 200 videos)

NB: If the web video report has not been registered before putting the web video report online, the tariff is €72 (exc VAT)* for a video including music with a maximum duration of 5 minutes and €11 (exc VAT)* for every additional minute of music.

* exc VAT, plus current levies and taxes

** Income: all income (exc VAT) regardless of their origin for the site, including in particular, but not exclusively, income from advertising, sponsoring, exchange, partnership, affiliation, subscription…

*** additional minute: every minute of music begun is due in full.

Licensing conditions

Getting a licence

  1. Download the licence request, fill it in and return by e-mail or by post.
  2. Other licences may be necessary, depending on the type of music you want to use (pre-existing music, commissioned music, etc).
  3. When the duly filled-in licence request has been received and depending on the presence of works belonging to repertoires represented by SDRM, you will receive an invoice. As soon as payment has been received, your licence bearing the mention « Acceptance » will be sent to you.

NB: any licence request which is incomplete or incorrectly filled in will be returned, which will delay the licensing procedure.


If you use commercial recordings (singles, albums, including those which are self-produced), you must also apply for a licence from the producers of such recordings. For answers to your questions, you can contact:

SCPP (Société Civile des Producteurs Phonographiques)

SPPF (Société Civile des Producteurs de Phonogrammes en France)